Our Perfectly Roast Chicken with Potatoes is the perfect meal to make for dinner! It’s super easy to make and fuss free! You could have it on its own or with a side of salad. try this recipe for yourself and let us know what you think!
2 Russet Potatoes, peeled and chopped into large chunks
1 Garlic Clove, chopped
1 Spring of Rosemary, chopped
Pepper and salt
Water to boil the potatoes
For the chicken
1 Small Chicken
6 Cloves of Garlic, chopped
2 sprigs of Fresh Thyme
Salt and pepper
1. In a pot add some water with 1 table spoon salt and add potatoes. Bring to a boil until potatoes are half cooked. Drain and shake well to create some fluff around the edges of the potatoes
2. Drizzle some olive oil, salt and pepper along with the chopped Garlic and rosemary onto the potatoes and shake it around more until all coated
3. In the pan, add in the potatoes in one layer and set the timer to cook for 15 minutes at 170C in the oven
4. In a bowl, add in chopped garlic, thyme, salt and pepper along with olive oil and mix well
5. Rub this oil mixture onto the chicken and also in the cavities
6. Place the chicken over the potatoes and set to cook for 30 minutes at 175C or until chicken is cooked and skin is golden brown.
To make sure your chicken is perfectly cooked inside, poke the chicken right up to the bone wooden skewer. If red juices come out, it’s not cooked yet and may need more time in the oven. If clear juice comes out, it’s cooked and all ready !