- Total Time: 20 Minutes
- Yield: 10-12 Cookies 1x
Palmier Cookies also known as the Elephant Ears is super easy to make and so yummy! It’s made up of 4 simple ingredients and is great to make when guests are over. Try it out for yourself and let us know what you think!
1 Puff Pastry (about 8 inches square)
1/4 Cup of Palm Sugar
2 Tablespoons of Brown Sugar
1 Egg, for egg wash
- Firstly, sprinkle some brown sugar on a cutting board and place your puff pastry over it.
- Then, on the puff pastry, sprinkle over some brown sugar and palm sugar. Press it down lightly so it sticks to the pastry and make sure the sugar is evenly distributed.
- Once done, fold over the pastry at 5cm twice, then repeat on the other unfolded side until a cylindrical shape is formed.
- Slice the pastry into 1/2 inch slices and lay them onto a baking tray that has been covered with baking sheets.
- Lightly press down the pastry until slightly flattened.
- Add about a teaspoon of water into your eggs and lightly egg wash each pastry.
- Once that is done, pop it into a heated oven of 200C and bake for about 12 minutes or until the pastry puffs up and is golden brown.
- Once baked, take it our from the oven and let it cool for 5 minutes before serving.
Puff Pastries only rise when they are baked at 200C. So make sure to get your temperature right before baking.
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Cook Time: 12 Minutes
- Category: Quick
- Method: Easy
- Cuisine: Western
Keywords: Palmier Cookies