Nasi Goreng, also known as Fried Rice is our all time favorite dish to make when we’re in a hurry or when we’re short on time. It’s so easy to make and so so delicious!
Try this recipe out for yourself and let us know what you think!
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Cook Time: 5 Minutes
- Total Time: 15 Minutes
- Yield: 3-4
- Category: Quick Meals
- Method: Easy
- Cuisine: Malaysian
4 Cloves of Garlic
1 Medium Onion, Sliced
4 Red Chilies, cut into 3
1 Inch of Ginger, sliced
1 Cup of Dried Anchovies
1 Cup of Frozen Peas
1 Teaspoon of Salt
1 Tablespoon of Light Soy Sauce OR Liquid Aminos
3-4 Cups of Cooked Rice
4-6 Tablespoons of Cooking Oil
- First, in a wok with a little bit of oil, add in the garlic, onions, chilies, ginger and anchovies. Fry until they are fragrant and the anchovies are crispy.
- Then, remove and place it into a pestle and mortar. Pound the ingredients until it becomes a fine paste. Set aside.
- In the same wok with the leftover oil, add in the pounded ingredients and lightly fry it.
- Push the ingredients inside and crack 2 eggs in. Pour over the soy sauce onto the eggs and let it cook for 10 seconds then break the eggs up and mix it up with the chili paste.
- Then, add in the frozen peas and the cooked rice. Mix it all together until combined.
- Add in some salt and continue mixing. Cook until the rice starts to steam up.
- Once done, remove from the heat and serve immediately in a bowl.
Serve the nasi goreng along side with some fried egg or cut chilies if you want it extra spicy !
Keywords: Nasi Goreng