Nasi Goreng Kampung
- Total Time: 20 Minutes
- Yield: 4-6 1x
Nasi Goreng Kampung is always our go-to orders at any restaurants. This Malay style fried rice is so yummy! The flavors from the anchovies and spice from the chilies really gives this fried rice a kick. Have it with a side of fried egg and you’re good to go!
2 Cups cooked rice
150g dried anchovies
8 Small birds eye chili
4 Cloves garlic
4 Tablespoon cooking oil
1 Cup cut up long beans
3 Tablespoon sweet soy sauce
1) In a blender blitz together shallots, garlic and 6 chilies
2) Soak dried anchovies in some water for a couple minutes, drain and roughly chop it up.
3) In a wok, add in oil and heat up until hot, add in the blended items and fry until fragrant then add in the dried anchovies and stir fry for 5 minutes until crispy
4) Add in long beans and fry for another 2 minutes
5) Push the cooked ingredients to the side in the wok, add in some cooking oil and crack two eggs, season with some salt and scramble and fold in the mixture
6) Lastly add in the cooked rice and stir fry for another 6 minutes until rice is coated with all the ingredients and fried thoroughly.
7) In a small pan, crack an egg in with some oil and fry a sunny side up, serve on fried rice alongside some sweet soy sauce and chopped up bird eyes chilies
Garnish with some fried onions and serve it with a side of fried egg.
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Cook Time: 10 Minutes
- Category: Grains
- Method: Easy
- Cuisine: Malay
Keywords: Nasi Goreng Kampung