1. First in a bowl, add in the glutinous rice flour along with the baking powder, sugar and salt, mix it around before adding in the butter.
2. Break up the butter into tiny pieces with your fingers. Then, make a hole in the middle and add in the egg.
3. Break the egg using a spatula and slowly add in the coconut milk while stirring the mixtures together until a dough is formed and set it aside.
4. On a clean surface, dust some rice flour on the the surface and roll out your dough to a thin layer. Make sure not to roll it too thin, as it might break when you lift it up.
5. Start cutting your dough using a circular cutter to make doughnut shapes and set aside.
6. Then in a pan, heat up your oil and start frying the doughnuts. Turn them over every few seconds to get an even colouring on both sides.
7. Once it’s golden brown, take it out from the oil and place it over a tissue paper so excess oil gets removed. Repeat until all your doughnuts are fried.
8. Then to make the sugar glaze, in a bowl, add the icing sugar and slowly pour in the hot water while constantly stirring to achieve a smooth consistency.
9. Once done, you can choose to dip your doughnuts into the sugar glaze, or drizzle it over.
10. Serve immediately.