In Conjunction with the Hong Kong Tourism Board, we are giving Malaysians 100 Reasons to Miss Hong Kong, and one of them is with food!
So here is a simple recipe of Macaroni Soup with Chicken Ham, a breakfast staple and favourite amongst Hong Kongese.
For More Asian Recipes, Click Here
- Prep Time: 5 Minutes
- Cook Time: 15 Minutes
- Total Time: 20 Minutes
- Yield: 1 Pax
- Category: Asian
- Method: Easy
- Cuisine: Hong Kong
1 Cup of Macaroni Pasta
1 Liter of Chicken Stock
1/4 Cup of Carrot, Diced
1/4 Cup of Frozen Green Peas
1/2 White Onion, Diced
70g of Chicken Ham, Cut Into Cubes
1 Large Clove of Garlic, Chopped
1/2 Inch of Ginger, Sliced
1/2 Teaspoon of White Pepper
Some Oil for Frying
1 Teaspoon of Salt
A drizzle of Light Soy Sauce
A drizzle of Sesame Oil
1 Fried Egg
- In a small pot, add in some oil and stir fry the chicken ham until crispy and brown.
- Once done, remove it and set aside.
- In the same pot, add in the onion, garlic and ginger. Stir fry until fragrant and onions become translucent.
- Next, add in the diced carrots and chicken stock. Bring to a boil and add some salt.
- Add in the macaroni and cook it until it is al- dante for about 5 minutes before adding in the frozen peas and bringing it to a boil again.
- Once done, it is time to plate the dish. Pour the macaroni into a bowl with the soup and vegetables.
- Top it off with a fried egg and the crispy chicken ham bits.
- Drizzle over some light soy sauce and sesame oil.
- Serve immediately and enjoy it while it is still hot.
Keywords: Macaroni Soup