Loh Shi Fun
Loh Shi Fun is an easy Chinese Stir Fry recipe made up of short noodles. This recipe is super delicious and so easy to make.
Try this recipe out for yourself and let us know what you think!
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Cook Time: 10 Minutes
- Total Time: 20 Minutes
- Yield: 2-3
- Category: Noodles
- Method: Intermediate
- Cuisine: Asian
1 Chicken Breast, Cut in Cubes
6-8 Pieces of Fishballs, Cut in Half
1 Inch of Young Ginger, Sliced
3 Cloves of Garlic, Chopped
1 1/2 Tablespoons of Oyster Sauce
1 Tablespoon of Soy Sauce
1 Teaspoon of White Pepper
1 Tablespoon of Apple Cider Vinegar
1 Cup of Water
1 Teaspoon of Chili Oil or Chili Paste
Some Spring Onions
1 Packet of Loh Shi Fun/Laska Noodles
2 Red Chillies, Sliced
2 Tablespoon of Caramel Dark Soy Sauce
Some Cornflour Mixed with Water (To Make Cornflour Slurry)
1. In a wok, add in some oil and fry the chicken and fishballs. Then add in the ginger and garlic. Mix that around for a little bit.
2. Then, add in the oyster sauce, light soy sauce, white pepper, salt, sugar and apple cider vinegar. Mix it around and add in some water for some gravy.
3. Let it simmer for about 3-4 minutes before adding in some chili oil or chili paste and give it a good mix.
4. Next, add in your vegetable stalks and let it cook for about 1 minute before adding in the noodles.
5. Mix the noodles around until every strand is evenly coated in the gravy and it gets a little bit soft.
6. Add in the remaining vegetables and the sliced chillies. Cook that down a little bit before adding in the caramel dark soy sauce.
7. Next, add in the cornflour slurry to thicken up the gravy and mix it around for about 1 minute.
8. Then, crack in 3 eggs and let it poach on top of your noodles for a few minutes.
9. Once done, remove from heat and serve immediately.
Adding in the dark caramel soy sauce helps bring out some colour to the loh shi fun and overall gives off more flavour to your dish!
Keywords: Loh Shi Fun