Our all time favorite garlic naan! Have this naan along side some Chicken Tikka Masala or our Malaysian Chicken Curry.
Try this recipe out for yourself and let us know what you think!
- Prep Time: 4 Hours
- Cook Time: 10 Minutes
- Total Time: 4 Hours 10 Minutes
- Yield: 4
- Category: Quick
- Method: Intermidiate
- Cuisine: Indian
2 Cups of All Purpose Flour (250 gms)
1/2 Teaspoon of Baking Soda
1/2 Teaspoon of Salt
1 Teaspoon of Powdered Sugar
1/2 Cup of Plain Yogurt/Dahi (120gms)
2 Tablespoons of Oil
Warm Water as required
Some Finely Chopped Garlic, Coriander and onion seeds
Butter for brushing
- In a large bowl, add all purpose flour, salt and sugar and mix well.
- In a small bowl add in half the quantity of the yogurt along with baking soda and stir lightly and let it sit for awhile. Once you see bubbles form in the yogurt, mix well before pouring this yogurt mixture into the flour
- Gradually add the remaining yogurt and start kneading the dough. You should knead it until it bounces back when you press into it.
- Once the dough is ready, place it on a greased bowl and coat it well.
- Cover it and let it rise for about 3 – 4 hours. Once done, again knead the dough for a while. –
- Divide the dough into medium sized balls and roll it out to make round / oval shaped naans which should be at least be 1/4 inch thick.
- Using wet hands, sprinkle the chopped garlic over the naan and pat it so that it sticks to the naan. Then sprinkle some coriander leaves and some black sesame seeds and pat lightly. – Flip it and apply some water on the side where there is no filling. Slowly, peel the dough and place the waters side down onto the pan Let it stay for a few seconds on a medium high heat until you see few bubbles coming over it.
- Once ready and brown on the bottom, take a flame thrower and toast the bubbles of the naan until crispy
- To serve, brush some butter or ghee and sprinkle some sea salt. Serve when it’s still hot. Have it on it’s own or along side some curry.
You can always replace the toppings with something else if you want! Some like cheese as their toppings, or maybe even just butter. So good!
Keywords: Garlic Naan