In Conjunction with the Hong Kong Tourism Board, we are giving Malaysians 100 Reasons to Miss Hong Kong, and one of them is with food!
So here is a simple recipe of Hong Style French Toast, a breakfast staple and favourite amongst Hong Kongese.
Click here to try Hong Kong Style Macaroni Soup
2 Slices of Thick White Bread Or Brioche
1 Tablespoon of Chunky Peanut Butter
1 Tablespoon of Strawberry or Grape Jelly Jam
1/4 Cup of Thick Cooking Cream
1/2 Teaspoon of Vanilla Extract
2 Tablespoons of Butter
1 Tablespoon of Vegetable Oil
1 Tablespoon of Butter
A Drizzle of Condense Milk
- Firstly, Slice the crust off the 2 slices of bread.
- Then, spread out peanut butter on one slice of bread, and strawberry jam on the other slice of bread and put them together to form a sanwich.
- In a bowl, crack in 2 eggs with the cooking cream and vanilla extract. Whisk until combined.
- Next, add in the sandwich into the egg mixture. Making sure all sides are soaked well in the egg mixture.
- In a non stick pan, add in the butter with some oil over medium to low heat.
- Slowly place the sandwich into the pan and cook it on each side for 1 minutes or until it is gets to a golden brown colour.
- Next, Once it is cooked, remove the sandwich from the pan and place it onto a serving plate.
- Then garnish it with a knob of butter on top with a drizzle of condense milk.
- Serve immediately and enjoy.
Adding some oil in the pan with the butter will prevent the butter from burning too quickly
- Prep Time: 5 Minutes
- Cook Time: 5 Minutes
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Easy
- Cuisine: Hong Kong
Keywords: Hong Kong Style French Toast