Hong Kong Style French Toast
In Conjunction with the Hong Kong Tourism Board, we are giving Malaysians 100 Reasons to Miss Hong Kong, and one of them is with food!
So here is a simple recipe of Hong Style French Toast, a breakfast staple and favourite amongst Hong Kongese.
Click here to try Hong Kong Style Macaroni Soup
- Prep Time: 5 Minutes
- Cook Time: 5 Minutes
- Total Time: 10 Minutes
- Yield: 1 Pax
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Easy
- Cuisine: Hong Kong
2 Slices of Thick White Bread Or Brioche
1 Tablespoon of Chunky Peanut Butter
1 Tablespoon of Strawberry or Grape Jelly Jam
1/4 Cup of Thick Cooking Cream
1/2 Teaspoon of Vanilla Extract
2 Tablespoons of Butter
1 Tablespoon of Vegetable Oil
1 Tablespoon of Butter
A Drizzle of Condense Milk
- Firstly, Slice the crust off the 2 slices of bread.
- Then, spread out peanut butter on one slice of bread, and strawberry jam on the other slice of bread and put them together to form a sanwich.
- In a bowl, crack in 2 eggs with the cooking cream and vanilla extract. Whisk until combined.
- Next, add in the sandwich into the egg mixture. Making sure all sides are soaked well in the egg mixture.
- In a non stick pan, add in the butter with some oil over medium to low heat.
- Slowly place the sandwich into the pan and cook it on each side for 1 minutes or until it is gets to a golden brown colour.
- Next, Once it is cooked, remove the sandwich from the pan and place it onto a serving plate.
- Then garnish it with a knob of butter on top with a drizzle of condense milk.
- Serve immediately and enjoy.
Adding some oil in the pan with the butter will prevent the butter from burning too quickly
Keywords: Hong Kong Style French Toast