Durian Walnut Cup Cakes
- Total Time: 50 mins
- Yield: 12 -16 1x
Our Durian Walnut Cup Cakes make great breakfast treats. The aromatic durian coupled with buttery, nutty walnut flavour will surely satisfy sweet hunger pangs! Make up a batch the night before and keep in an airtight container. You will be ready to serve next morning with piping hot mugs of coffee or tea.
220g salted butter
200g caster sugar
4 medium eggs
150g mashed durian puree
2 –3 tbsp fresh milk
220g self raising flour
1 tsp soda bicarbonate
100g walnuts – lightly toasted and coarsely chopped
- Preheat oven to 17o deg C (fan), 180 deg C (gas). Line 12 – 16 cup cake moulds with cup cake cases.
- Cream butter and sugar on high speed till light, fluffy and pale yellow.
- Add eggs, one by one, beating well after each addition.
- Combine durian puree with 2 tbsp milk. Add this to the butter mixture and beat on low speed to combine well.
- Sift flour with soda bicarbonate. Gradually fold flour mixture into butter mixture by hand. Add 1 tbsp milk if mixture looks too dry.
- Spoon mixture into the prepared cup cake cases till 2/3 full. Sprinkle tops with chopped walnuts.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15 – 20 minutes, or till golden brown. Insert a wooden skewer into the cake center. It should come out clean.
- Remove from tin and cool on a wire rack.
After mashing the durian flesh, pass it through a sieve to remove the durian fibers. This will ensure a smooth durian puree. If you do not have cupcake molds, you can also use stiff muffin paper cases which can hold the cake mixture on their own.
- Prep Time: 30 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Category: Festive
- Method: Easy
- Cuisine: Fusion