Cucur Ikan Bilis
- Total Time: 10 Minutes
- Yield: 3-4 1x
Cucur Ikan Bilis is our all time favorite tea time snack! You can even replace the ikan bilis with prawns if you want to! Try this recipe out for yourself and let us know what you think!
For more Malay recipes, click here
2 Fresh Farm Eggs
1/2 Teaspoon of Baking Powder
1.5 Cups of Wheat Flour
1.5 Teaspoon of Salt
1 Teaspoon of Garlic Powder
1 Cup of Warm Water (For Crispiness)
1/2 Cup of Dried Anchovies, cleaned and soaked in water
1 Shallot, Thinly Sliced
1 Green Chili, Thinly Sliced
Some Oil for Frying
- Firstly, separate the egg yolks from the egg whites and set aside. Whisk the egg whites until it becomes light and fluffy.
- In another bowl, add in the wheat flour, baking powder, salt and garlic powder. Pour in the egg yolks and a cup of water. Mix well.
- Then, add in the sliced onions, chilies and anchovies. Mix well before pouring in the egg whites that were whisked earlier. Mix well.
- Heat up a pan with hot oil, and fry the mixture. About a teaspoon for each cucur. Fry until golden brown, making sure to turn them over every once in a while.
- Once golden brown, remove and set on some paper towels to remove excess oil.
- Then, serve with chili sauce.
Adding water to your cucur ikan bilis mixture can get it crispier!
- Prep Time: 5 Minutes
- Cook Time: 5 Minutes
- Category: Quick
- Method: Easy
- Cuisine: Malaysian