- Total Time: 1 Hour
- Yield: 3-4 1x
Chicken Teriyaki is an all time famous Japanese dish that’s loved by many!
So easy to make and so delicious! Try this recipe out for yourself and let us know what you think.
1 Tablespoons of Cornflour
1 Tablespoons of Cold Water
8 Heap Tablespoons of Brown Sugar
½ Cup of Soy Sauce
4 Tablespoons of Distilled Cider Vinegar
1 Clove of Garlic, finely chopped
1/2 Teaspoon of Grated Ginger
1/4 Teaspoon of White Pepper
4 Chicken Thighs
- In a small saucepan over low heat, combine the cornflour, cold water, sugar, soy sauce, vinegar, garlic, ginger and pepper.
- Let simmer, stirring frequently, until sauce thickens and bubbles.
- Preheat oven to 220 degrees C. Place chicken pieces in a lightly greased 23x33cm baking dish and brush with the sauce. Turn pieces over, and brush again.
- Bake for 30 minutes, brushing with sauce every 10 minutes during cooking. Turn chicken over, brush with sauce, and bake for another 30 minutes, until no longer pink and juices run clear.
- Once cooked, take out from the oven, let it sit for 5 minutes before serving.
- Serve with some Japanese rice or have it on its own.
To make sure the chicken is fully cooked, poke it with a toothpick, is clear juice runs out, it is cooked.
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Cook Time: 60 Minutes
- Category: Japanese
- Method: Easy
- Cuisine: Asian
Keywords: Chicken Teriyaki