Chicken Noodle in Oyster Sauce
Here’s a hearty meal you can make for the family. It’s super easy and quick to make.
Try this recipe out for yourself and let us know what you think!
Click here to try our Hainanese Chicken Rice recipe.
- Prep Time: 5 Minutes
- Cook Time: 10 Minutes
- Total Time: 15 Minutes
- Yield: 2-3
- Category: Quick
- Method: Easy
- Cuisine: Asian
1 Chicken Breast, Cut into Cubes
3 Tablespoons of Oyster Sauce
2 Tablespoons of Light Soy Sauce
1 Teaspoon of Salt
1 Tablespoon of Sugar
Some White Pepper
Some Oil for Frying
1 Potato, Cut in Cubes
2 Inches of Ginger, Sliced
1 Tablespoon of Corn Flour
2-3 Cups of Water
1/2 Cup of Dried Shitake Mushrooms
1 Cup of Vegetables (We Used Bak Choi)
2 Portions of Vermicelli Noodles
Sliced Chili for Serving
- Firstly, in a bowl, add in the chicken, oyster sauce, light soy sauce, white pepper, salt and some sugar. Mix it well and set aside.
- Next, in a wok, add in some oil and fry up the potatoes until lightly browned or cooked before adding in the sliced up gingers and garlic.
- Once fragrant, add in the marinated chicken and give it a quick stir fry for about 2-3 minutes until there’s some colour to the chicken. Then, mix up some water with cornstarch and pour it in. This will help thicken the gravy.
- Next, add in some dried shitake mushrooms. At this point you can add in your vegetables. Along with a little bit more water. Mix it around and let it simmer for awhile.
- Then, add in the noodles and give it a stir. Once everything is cooked and the noodles have softened, remove it from the heat.
- Serve immediately with a side of some sliced chilies.
You can also opt to make this a vegetarian dish by replacing the chicken with tofu and oyster sauce with vegetarian oyster sauce. It will be just as good!
Keywords: Chicken Noodle in Oyster Sauce