Recently we were hit with the news of this disease called the COVID-19 also known as Coronavirus that has been spreading around from person to person like wildfire. It’s best we stay indoors during this pandemic and avoid social outings for the next few weeks.
Here is your top list of pantry items we put together to help you stock up at home. We also crunched the numbers for you and the list below should last you for about TWO weeks for a family of FOUR. There is no need to over-buy groceries and we should always be mindful of what we get. Do we need it or do we want it? Be selective of what you get and make sure it is a necessity.
Here is our list :
- Rice at least 10kg
- Pasta at least 4 to 6 boxes
- Dried or hydrated Noodles like vermicelli, soba and flat rice noodles 4 to 6 packets
- Oil (Vegetable and Olive Oil) at least 2 to 4 liters each
- Salt and Sugar at least 2 packet each (salt can also be used to clean)
- Seasoning Sauces like soy sauce, vinegar, oyster sauce, chili sauce and tomato ketchup 1 bottle each
- Canned food like Tuna, Corn Beef, Sardine, baked beans, beans, peas, corn and chopped tomatoes at least 4 each
- Dried Seafood (Ikan Bilis/Anchovies), fish and prawn crackers and Prawn (Udang Kering) about 1 to 2 packets each
- Dried Mushrooms, dried tofu, tofu skins about 1 packet each (200g to 300g)
- Coconut Milk and UHT Milk about 6 to 12 cartons (depending on how much your family consumes in a week)
- Spices, dried chili and herbs like mixed herb, thyme, oregano, black pepper, curry powder, turmeric and chili powder about 1 packet each/ 200g each
- Eggs both fresh (about 2 dozen) and salted (about half a dozen)
- Tea, Coffee, chocolate drink about a pack each
- Breakfast cereal and oats about 2 boxes each
- Snacks like Biscuits, chocolate, chips & nuts about 2 boxes/packets each
- Water at least 200 Litres (for 4 people for 2 weeks)
- Frozen Sausages, meat slices, fishball and fishcake about 2-4 packets each
- Frozen Vegetables (peas, mix vegetables and spinach) about 2 bag each
- Frozen meat like, chicken fillets, mince meat, drumstick, steak, fish and about 8kg to 10kg worth of meat for 2 weeks
- Frozen flat breads (part, idli, chapati) and Bread (bagels, rolls etc.) about 2 to 3 packets
FRESH FOOD (Hardy Vegetables)
- Carrots at least 1kg
- Potatoes at least 2kg
- Onion and Garlic about 1kg
- Cabbage (regular cabbage or Chinese cabbage) 1 or 2 head
- Pumpkin 1 whole/ 2kg
- Long beans or french beans, broccoli, cauliflower about 4 packets or 2 heads (You can actually cut them, wash them and freeze them too)
- Chinese radish and gourds about 1kg to 2kg
- Apples and oranges about 12
- Lemon and limes about 12
- Other fresh fruit that take a while to ripen like green bananas, green papaya and pineapple
That’s all for our list. What are your must haves at home during this time? Let us know in the comments!
3 years ago
Thanks for the list, Ili.
Sensible items and does help one to prioritise a food list.
3 years ago
Your very welcome! Glad we could be of help.
3 years ago
I don’t typically comment on posts, but as a long time reader I thought I’d drop in and wish you all the best during these troubling times.
From all of us at Royal CBD, I hope you stay well with
the COVID19 pandemic progressing at an alarming rate.