This Vegetarian Oyakodon is really the most simple meal and a really great way to get our protein and fiber all in one go. You can add any vegetables you like.
- Prep Time: 5 Minutes
- Cook Time: 5 Minutes
- Total Time: 10 Minutes
- Yield: 2
- Category: Quick
- Method: Easy
- Cuisine: Japanese
2/3 Cup of Water
1 1/2 Tablespoons of Gluten Free Soy Sauce
1 Tablespoon of Apple Cider Vinegar/Normal Vinegar
1/4 Teaspoon of Salt
1/2 Teaspoon of Honey or Brown Sugar
1/4 White Onion, Sliced
1 Large Portobello Mushroom, Sliced
2 Broccoli Florets, Cut Up
1 Block of Soft Japanese Tofu
3 Eggs, Slightly Beaten
Parboiled Cooked Rice
Spring Onions for Garnish
Chili Flakes for Garnish
- Firstly, add in 2/3 cup of water in a pan. When the water starts to simmer, add in the gluten free soy sauce, apple cider vinegar, salt and brown sugar/honey.
- Mix well and add in the white onion, Portobello mushrooms along with the broccoli florets.
- Mix, then add in 1 block of soft Japanese tofu, cut into cubes. Cook for 1 minute.
- Add in the 3 eggs that have been beaten slightly and cook for another 2 minute. Once cooked, remove from heat.
- In a bowl, add in some rice and pour over the cooked vegetables and eggs.
- Garnish with some spring onions and Shichimi Togarashi (Japanese Chili Flakes).
- Serve and enjoy!
This dish can be used with any types of protein like Chicken or beef.
Keywords: Vegetarian Oyakodon