1. In a rice cooker, add in the soaked rice with water along with Tea spoon salt, cinnamon stick and cardamom pods and cook the rice
2. In a pan add in the ghee and fry the raisins and cashew nut until golden brown, remove and set aside
3. Next fry the mint leaves in the ghee until crispy and set aside
4. Next fry the sliced onion until caramelized and crispy
5. Once the rice is cooked, Pour the saffron water around the rice, fluff the rice with a fork and then pour over the ghee, and half of the fried cashew and raisins, crispy mint and brown onions
To make the curry
1. In a pan, add half coconut oil and fry up the onions, garlic, cashew, chili until brown before adding the tomatoes and fry for a couple more minutes
2. Once the onion and tomato mixture is cooked, add this into a blender and blend to a smooth paste
3.In the same pan, add in the remaining coconut oil and add in the jira, turmeric and chili powder and mix well before adding the onion and tomato paste, cook on a low heat for about 1 minutes before adding the remaining of the spices and salt and continue to cook for another 3 minutes. Add water if too dry
4. Next add in the vegetables and half the remaining water and cook on a medium to low heat until the vegetables are cooked.
5. To serve, in a large bowl, scoop some of the rice and then ladle the curry on top and do the same to create layers of curry and rice top with the remaining fried, mint, onions, cashew and raisins.