We made this super simple and delicious dish recently. We absolutely loved it! The flavors from the chicken gets soaked up into the rice to create a very homey and yummy dish. Try it out for yourself and let us know what you think!
Click here for more Chinese recipes
1 Ayam Kampung (800g)
2cm of Ginger, grated
2 Cloves of Garlic, grated
1.5 Teaspoon of Salt
1 Teaspoon of White Pepper
1 Tablespoon of Sesame Oil
6 Spring Onion
2 Cups of Brown Rice
4 Cups of Water
1. Wash rice until clean and set aside
2. In a bowl, add in grated ginger, garlic along with salt, pepper, sesame oil and normal oil. Marinate the whole chicken with the mixture and rub the marinate in the cavities
3. Stuff the spring onion in the cavities of the chicken
4. In a pot, add in the washed rice, the water then place the chicken on top and cover. Cook over low medium heat for 30 minutes or until chicken and rice is fully cooked.
5. Once done, garnish with some chopped coriander leaves
You could serve this dish with some crispy sambal for a little spice kick.
Keywords: Steamed Chicken with Rice