This Scallop Potato Gratin is definitely a crowd favourite. Loved by the adults and children!
It’s a perfect side dish to have along with your roast dinner. Or even something you could whip up for a dinner party. Try this recipe out for yourself and let us know what you think. Happy cooking!
6 medium-sized potatoes (about 800g~1kg)
4 Tablespoons of Butter
2 Cloves of Garlic (crushed/minced/finely chopped)
Handful of spring onion (or leek)
1 Teaspoon of thyme
A dash of nutmeg
Cracked black pepper
300ml of cooking cream (mix it with about 50ml milk)
1. Peel the potatoes and slice thinly and soak in some water
2. In a pan, melt the butter and saute the garlic and spring onion/leek to release the flavours with thyme. Then toss the drained sliced potatoes, sprinkle some salt and mix well so that the butter, garlic and spring onion are distributed evenly.
3. Remove from the pan and set aside.
4. In the milk, mix in a few shakes of salt and a pinch or two of nutmeg. Set aside.
5. Pile a layer of potato in an oven-proof casserole. Shake a bit of cracked black pepper on it. Pour a bit of cream over it. and repeat until finished.
6. Heat the oven to 170C and bake for 45 minutes or until potatoes are soft.
7. Once cooked, let it sit for 10 minutes before serving. Garnish with chopped spring onions.
Sprinkle some chili flakes or have it with a dash of Tobasco sauce for a kick!
Keywords: Potato Gratin