Sardine Fried Rice
We love Sardine Fried Rice so much! Just a few ingredients and a few simple steps. Even your kids can help you. Try this recipe out for yourself and let us know what you think.
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Cook Time: 5 Minutes
- Total Time: 15 Minutes
- Yield: 3-4
- Category: Grains
- Method: Intermidiate
- Cuisine: Malaysian
Some Oil for Cooking
1 Red Onion, Chopped
2 Cloves of Garlic, Chopped
1 Inch of Ginger, Chopped
2 Birds Eye Chilies, Chopped
Salt to Taste
Some Black Pepper
1 Small Tin of Sardine in Tomato Sauce
2 Cups of Cooked Rice
- In a wok over medium heat, add in the oil. Then, throw in the onions. Fry until slightly caramelized before adding in the birds eye chili, garlic and ginger. Fry for another 1 minute.
- Then, add in the sardines and mix it all together.
- Throw in the rice and add in the salt and pepper. Continue mixing until every grain of rice is coated.
- Fry the rice until it starts getting hot. Then, add in the chopped spring onions and mix. Once done, remove from heat.
- In another pan, add in some oil and fry an egg.
- Once done, serve the fried rice immediately with the fried egg.
To make sure the rice is easier to fry, cook the rice the night before and keep it in the fridge. Leftover rice is always easier to cook as the grains are all separated from each other.
Keywords: Sardine Fried Rice