Here we’ve made a super easy and quick meal you can whip up under 15 minutes. Perfect if you are short on time and you won’t need mush ingredients to make it as well!
Try this recipe out for yourself and let us know what you think!
Click here to try our Sardine Paprik!
To Be Blended:
4 Cloves of Garlic
1 Medium Size Onion
2 Inches of Ginger
For The Curry:
2 Tablespoons of Vegetable Oil
1 Cinnamon Stick
1 Star Anise
1/2 Teaspoon of Mustard Seeds
1/2 Teaspoon of Fennel Seeds
1/2 Teaspoon of Fenugreek Seeds
3 Tablespoons of Chicken Curry Powder
1 Tamarind Slice or 1 Teaspoon of Tamarind Paste
2 Tins of Sardine in Tomato Sauce
Okra and Brinjal
Salt to Taste
500ml of Water
- In a pot, add in the oil and fry up your herbs such as mustard seeds, fenugreek seeds, fennel seeds, cinnamon stick, star anise, and curry leaves. Stir that around for about 1 minute.
- Then, add in the blended paste and cook it until fragrant before adding in the curry powder.
- Mix that around before adding in some water. Let that simmer for a few minutes or until the oil rises before adding in the sardines with the tomato sauce.
- Then, add in 2 cups of water. Stir that around and add in your vegetables and some salt.
- Cover your pot and let it simmer away for about 5-8 minutes over medium low heat.
- Once done, turn off the heat and serve with some hot rice.
You can add some chopped up pumpkin into your curry for a natural sweetness.
- Prep Time: 5 Minutes
- Cook Time: 10 Minutes
- Category: Quick
- Method: Easy
- Cuisine: Malay
Keywords: Sardine Curry