Salted Egg Chicken
- Total Time: 45
- Yield: 2 1x
250g thick cubes chicken pieces
2 x table spoon vinegar
1/4 cup corn flour
1/4 cup rice flour
cooking oil for frying
2 large Salted Egg yolks steamed
2 x clove garlic chopped up finely
2 x birds eye chili
2 springs curry leaves
1 cup coconut milk/milk
1) In a bowl, add in chicken cubes, salt, pepper, vinegar and mix well and set aside to marinate, then crack in an egg and mix well.
2) Next, add in the cornflour and rice flour and mix well
3) In a wok, add in cooking oil for frying and heat up the oil until hot
4) Fry chicken in hot oil, first making sure oil is hot and then reducing the heat to cook the inside of the chicken. Continue until all chicken is golden brown and cooked
5) In a separate pan, add in some oil, chopped up garlic and fry for a minute before adding chopped up chilies and curry leaves
6) Next, add in the mashed up the salted egg yolk and cook for 1 minute.
7) Add in coconut milk/normal milk season with salt and pepper.
8) Then add in the cooked chicken and mix well before serving.
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 30
- Category: Poultry
- Method: Intermediate
- Cuisine: Malaysian
Keywords: salted egg, salted egg yolk, Malaysian recipe, salted egg chicken