Pan Fried Dumplings
Pan Fried Dumplings are definitely a crowd favourite. The perfect appetizer and snack. Try this out for yourself and let us know what you think!
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Cook Time: 10 Minutes
- Total Time: 20 Minutes
- Yield: 3-4
- Category: Seafood
- Method: Intermidiate
- Cuisine: Chinese
1/2 Packet of Wanton Sheets
300g of Fresh Prawns, Peeled and Chopped
2 Inch of Ginger, Chopped Finely
4 Garlic Cloves, Chopped into Chunks
2 Dried Chilies, Deseeded and sliced thinly
1 Tablespoon of Corn Flour
1 Liter of Water
1/2 Cup of Oil
Salt to Taste
1 Teaspoon of Sesame Oil
1 Teaspoon of Light Soy Sauce
- On your chopping board, finely mince about half of the prawns to a paste and the other half just roughly chop it
- In a mixing bowl, add in all the chopped up prawns, chopped ginger, white pepper, corn flour, salt and sugar and mix well
- Remove wanton sheets and make dumplings and place each dumpling on baking tray with parchment paper
- In a pan, add in about 1 Tablespoon of oil. When hot, add in the dumplings. Let it brown on the bottom before adding in 2 teaspoons of water and covering it. Let it steam for a couple of minutes until the wanton sheets turn translucent.
- Once cooked, remove and arrange it onto a plate.
- For garnish, drizzle it with some sesame oil along with some soy sauce. Sprinkle some chopped spring onions over and serve immediately.
Add more water into the pan if your dumplings don’t steam properly
Keywords: Pan Fried Dumplings