Malaysian favourite Mee curry. This dish can be eaten anytime of the day. Serve it as breakfast, lunch or dinner. You cannot go wrong.
1/4 chicken chopped into small chunks or 1 large chicken breast cut into chunks 3 x table spoon curry powder 1/2 tsp mustard seeds 1/2 tsp fennel seed 1/2 tsp funegreek seed 1/2 tsp corriander seeds 1 x cinnamon stick 1 x star anise 1 small handfull curry leaves 1 x packet coconut milk 1 x litre water 1 x cm ginger 6 x shallots 4 x cloves garlic 1 stick lemongrass
salt to taste
sugar to taste 3 x table spoon cooking oil
6 x fried tofu balls 2 x fish cake 200g fresh prawns steamed and peeled 1 cup taugeh
200g rice noodles
mint and corriander
1) Blitz together shallots, garlic and ginger and set a side
2) In a pot add in cooking oil and add in mustard seeds,fennel seeds, funergreek, corrinader seeds, cinnamoon stick, cloves, curry leaves and star anise and fry for a few minutes before adding in blended items and fry until fragrant
3) Then add in curry powder and fry for a couple more minutes, before adding in chicken, 2 cups of water.
4) Once chicken is cooked, add in thecoconut milk, lemongrass with some water and then the fish cakes and . Sprinkle in salt and a dash of sugar and taste
5) Bring curry to small simmer and add in tofu balls
6) In a bowl add in any noodles you like, today we are using vermicelli rice noodles, place taugeh on top and scoop curry onto noodles with a piece of chicken, fish cake, steamed prawns and tofu balls
7) If you have sambal serve with some sambal and kalamansi lime