Lemon Chicken is an all time favourite dish amongst many Malaysians.
We love having it and it is so easy to make!
- Prep Time: 5 Minutes
- Cook Time: 10 Minutes
- Total Time: 15 Minutes
- Yield: 3-4
- Category: Poultry
- Method: Easy
- Cuisine: Asian
For Lemon Sauce :
1 Lemon, Juice and Skin, Thinly Sliced
2 Tablespoons of Sugar
1 Teaspoon of Honey
1 Tablespoon of Vinegar
1 Tablespoon of Custard Powder
For Chicken Marinate:
1-2 Chicken Breasts, Sliced
1 Teaspoon of Black Pepper
1 Teaspoon of Salt
1 Teaspoon of Brown Sugar
For Flour Mixture :
1/2 Cup of Plain Flour
1/4 Cup of Rice Flour
1/4 Cup of Corn Flour
Some Oil For Frying
- Firstly, in a bowl, combine all the ingredients to make the lemon sauce and mix well.
- Then, pour it into a small pot and bring to a boil until it thickens. Once thick, remove from heat and set aside.
- Then in another bowl, add in the chicken, salt, pepper, egg and brown sugar. Mix it all together and set aside.
- In another bowl, add in the plain flour, rice flour and corn flour. Mix well.
- With the marinated chicken, lightly dust the chicken slices into the flour mixture until evenly coated. Repeat until all the chicken is coated in flour.
- In a pan, add in some oil for deep frying. Once oil is hot enough, add in the floured chicken in batches. Fry for about 3-4 minutes and then remove from heat. It’s okay if it has not browned yet.
- Then, add in more oil, and throw in the already fried chicken. Double frying your chicken can make it extra crispy on the outside.
- Fry for another 2-3 minutes then remove it from the heat and set he chicken onto some paper towels to absorb all the oil.
- Then, add the chicken into a serving bowl and pour over the lemon sauce.
- Serve immediately with some rice.
The custard powder adds a little bit of sweetness and helps thicken the lemon sauce. If you don’t have any custard powder you can opt to use about 1 tablespoon of corn flour instead.
Keywords: Lemon Chicken