Kung Pao Chicken
Kung Pao Chicken is a chinese favourite dish and it’s so easy to make!
Just a few simple steps and you’re good to go! Try this recipe out for yourself and let us know what you think. Happy cooking and enjoy eating!
Click here for more Chinese recipes.
- Prep Time: 5 Minutes
- Cook Time: 10 Minutes
- Total Time: 15 Minutes
- Yield: 4-6
- Category: Quick
- Method: Intermidiate
- Cuisine: Chinese
250g Chicken Breast/Chicken fillets, cut into cubes
2 Tablespoon of Vinegar
2 Tablespoons of Light Soy Sauce
1 Tablespoon of Oyster Sauce
1 Tablespoon of Thick Soy Sauce
1 Teaspoon of Corn Flour
4 Inches of Ginger
4 Dried Chilies (deseeded and cut)
4 Cloves of Garlic
1 Bell Pepper, Cut into cubes
1/4 Cup of Cashewnuts
1 Red Onion, Largely Diced
Some Water for Gravy
Salt, Pepper and Sugar to taste
- In a bowl, marinate the chicken cubes in some salt, pepper, light soy sauce, oyster sauce and cornflour. Mix well and set aside to marinate.
- In a wok, add in some oil and fry up some cashewnuts until golden. Remove the cashewnuts and set aside.
- With the same oil, add in the slices of ginger and fry until fragrant before adding in the marinated chicken. Let it cook on 1 side for awhile before stirring it around. Add in a dash of vinegar with the chopped up garlic and continue cooking.
- Add in the dried chillies and stir. Then, add in the bell peppers.
- For gravy, pour in some water. Then, add in the thick soy sauce before mixing well.
- Lastly, add in the cashewnuts and onions. Stir well and turn off the fire. Place into a bowl and serve immediately.
The longer your marinate your chicken, the more flavour it will have !
Keywords: Kung Pao Chicken