Kung Pao Chicken
Kung Pao Chicken is a chinese favourite dish and it’s so easy to make!
Just a few simple steps and you’re good to go! Try this recipe out for yourself and let us know what you think. Happy cooking and enjoy eating!
- Prep Time: 5 Minutes
- Cook Time: 10 Minutes
- Total Time: 15 Minutes
- Yield: 4-6
- Category: Quick
- Method: Intermidiate
- Cuisine: Chinese
250g Chicken Breast/Chicken fillets, cut into cubes
2 Tablespoon of Vinegar
2 Tablespoons of Light Soy Sauce
1 Tablespoon of Oyster Sauce
1 Tablespoon of Thick Soy Sauce
1 Teaspoon of Corn Flour
4 Inches of Ginger
4 Dried Chilies (deseeded and cut)
4 Cloves of Garlic
1 Bell Pepper, Cut into cubes
1/4 Cup of Cashewnuts
1 Red Onion, Largely Diced
Some Water for Gravy
Salt, Pepper and Sugar to taste
- In a bowl, marinate the chicken cubes in some salt, pepper, light soy sauce, oyster sauce and cornflour. Mix well and set aside to marinate.
- In a wok, add in some oil and fry up some cashewnuts until golden. Remove the cashewnuts and set aside.
- With the same oil, add in the slices of ginger and fry until fragrant before adding in the marinated chicken. Let it cook on 1 side for awhile before stirring it around. Add in a dash of vinegar with the chopped up garlic and continue cooking.
- Add in the dried chillies and stir. Then, add in the bell peppers.
- For gravy, pour in some water. Then, add in the thick soy sauce before mixing well.
- Lastly, add in the cashewnuts and onions. Stir well and turn off the fire. Place into a bowl and serve immediately.
The longer your marinate your chicken, the more flavour it will have !
Keywords: Kung Pao Chicken