1. For noodle baskets, cook dried noodles in boiling water for 2 minutes. Drain well in a colander. Toss with salt and pepper. Allow to cool.
2. Transfer noodles to a large plate and toss with cornstarch. Divide into 6 portions. Heat sufficient oil in a wok for deep frying. Dip 2 10 cm strainers briefly in the hot oil and drain. Arrange 1 portion noodles in one strainer. Press down firmly with the second strainer.
3. Deep fry noodle basket within the strainers till very light golden. Transfer to a kitchen paper towel. Allow to cool slightly, then remove the top strainer, followed by the bottom strainer. Set the basket aside. Repeat with the other 5 noodle portions. Remember to dip the strainers in hot oil each time before filling with noodles.
4. Just before cooking filling ingredients, reheat oil for deep frying and fry the baskets again very briefly till just golden brown and crispy. Drain on paper towels
5. For filling, marinate chicken meat with Marinade A for 1 hour in the refrigerator.
6. Heat oil in wok for deep frying till very hot. Deep fry marinated chicken in 3 separate batches till golden, about 1 minute per batch. Transfer to a large plate.
7. Carefully pour away deep frying oil into a heat proof bowl. Wipe wok with kitchen paper towels, heat till very hot, then heat 3 tbsp fresh oil till almost smoking.
8. Fry garlic slices till fragrant. Be careful not to over brown them. Add chicken meat and fry quickly.
9. Add fruits, mushrooms and pistachios with sauce ingredients. Fry quickly and toss to combine. Do not overcook. Transfer filling to a large plate.
10. Fill the noodle baskets with the filling and serve immediately.