Ikan Masak Lemak
- Total Time: 15 Minutes
- Yield: 2-3 1x
Ikan Masak Lemak is a traditional Malaysian dish that’s made up of delicious coconut milk.
It has a touch of spiciness because of the chilies and creaminess. It’s so good!
Try this for yourself and let us what you think!
3 Slices of Mackerel Fish
1 Large Onion
3 Cloves of Garlic
10 Birds Eye Chili
1 Stick of Lemongrass
250ml of Coconut Milk
1 Teaspoon on Turmeric Powder
1 Teaspoon of Sugar
Salt to Taste
Some Kaffir Lime Leaves
Turmeric Leaves, Sliced Finely
- In a blender, add in the onions, chilies, garlic and blitz.
- In a saute pan, add some oil and fry the blended items until fragrant.
- Then, add in the coconut milk along with the turmeric powder and stir properly. Add some water and let it simmer until some oil rises.
- Add some salt, sugar and add in the fish. Add in some kaffir lime leaves and cover the pan. Let it simmer, covered for about 1-2 minutes.
- Then, add in the daun kunyit, stir and turn off the heat.
- Serve immediately with some rice while it’s still hot.
Serve this dish with some hot rice and you’re good to go!
- Prep Time: 5 Minutes
- Cook Time: 10 Minutes
- Category: Quick
- Method: Easy
- Cuisine: Malay
Keywords: Ikan Masak Lemak