Ikan Bakar is our all time favourite! It’s super easy to make and this particular recipe is super easy for you to make at home.
Try this recipe out for yourself and let us know what you think.
Click here, for more Malay recipes
- Prep Time: 15 Minutes
- Cook Time: 15 Minutes
- Total Time: 30 Minutes
- Yield: 4
- Category: Healthy
- Method: Intermidiate
- Cuisine: Malay
4 Ikan Cencaru
10 Calamansi Limes
1 Cup Sambal Tumis (Recipe Below)
2 Tablespoons of Light Soy Sauce
1 Teaspoon of White Pepper
6 – 8 Tablespoons of Vegetable Oil
Some Banana Leaf
2 Red Onions, blended
4 Cloves of Garlic
3 Tablespoons of chili boh
2 Tablespoons of Sugar
2 Tablespoons of Tamarind Paste
1 Tablespoon of Salt
4 Tablespoons of Vegetable Oil
1. In a pan, add in oil and fry the onion and garlic blended items until golden brown before adding the chili paste
2. Continue to cook until the oil turns red, then add in the tamarind paste, sugar and salt and continue to cook for another 5 to 6 minutes
3. Set aside to cool before prepping the fish.
Ikan Bakar/Grilled fish:
1. In a flat plate add in the soy sauce, white pepper, a squeeze of 1 lime, oil and mix well before coating the fish in this marinate
2. Then, add in the sambal into the cavity of the fish
3. In a grill pan, place the banana leaf and the fish then close to cook for 6 to 8 minutes.
4. Once cooked, serve.
To make it easier for you to wrap the fish in the banana leaf, lightly heat it up over your stove fire until it softens.
Keywords: Ikan Bakar