Glazed Doughnuts with Berry Cream Filling
We love our doughnuts! Especially this Glazed Doughnut with Berry Cream Filling. It’s a dream come true! This this out for yourself and let us know what you think. Happy cooking!
- Prep Time: 40 Minutes
- Cook Time: 40 Minutes
- Total Time: 1 Hour 20 Minutes
- Yield: 6-8
- Category: Desserts
- Method: Intermidiate
- Cuisine: Western
2 1/2 teaspoons active dry yeast
1/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup lukewarm (not hot) milk
2 large eggs
1 tablespoon gratings of lemon zest
1/2 teaspoon almond extract
2 tablespoons (butter softened)
2 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
Vegetable oil for deep-frying, and coating bowl
1/2 to 2/3 cup jam or preserves of your choice
1 1/2 cup whipping cream, whipped
100g white chocolate
- In the bottom of a large mixing bowl, combine the yeast, sugar and milk. Let stand for 5 minutes; it should become a little foamy. Whisk in eggs, lemon zest or extracts you’d like to use, then butter. Don’t worry if the butter doesn’t fully combine.
- By hand: Add half of flour and stir with a spoon until combined. Add second half of flour and salt and stir as best as you can with a spoon, then use your hands to knead the dough until it forms a smooth, elastic round, about 5 minutes. Try, if you can, to resist adding extra flour, even if it’s sticky.
- If the dough is already in the bowl, remove it just long enough to lightly oil the bowl. Return dough to bowl, cover with plastic wrap and let rest at room temperature for 1 hour, or in the fridge overnight.
- roll out the dough to 1cm thickness and cut into round shapes before frying in vegetable oil until brown
- for the filling whip the cream until stiff and fold in raspberry mixture and put in a piping bag and fill doughnuts once cool
- for the glaze, melt 100g of white chocolate of your choice and mix in with a little milk and drizzle on the doughnuts after filled with cream
Keywords: Glazed Doughnuts with Cream Berry Filling