- Total Time: 15 Minutes
- Yield: 4-5 1x
A super quick and easy fried beehoon recipe you can whip up for lunch. You can opt to remove the chilies if you’re thinking of cooking this for your kids. They’ll love it!
Try this recipe out for yourself and let us know what you think!
Some Oil for Cooking
1 Large Red Onion, Sliced
1 Red Onion, Sliced
2 Cloves of Garlic, Chopped
Some Ginger, Chopped
1 Chicken Breast, Sliced
Salt to Taste
1 Teaspoon of White Pepper
1 Teaspoon of Brown Sugar
1 Firm Tofu, Cut into Cubes
2 Tablespoons of Liquid Aminos OR Soy Sauce
1/2 Packet of Beehoon Noodles (Vermicelli) , Soaked in some water
1/2 Cup of Beansprouts
Some Spring Onions, Chopped
- Firstly, in a wok over medium heat, add in some oil. Then, throw in the sliced up onions and chilies.
- Once onions start to get translucent, add in the chopped garlic and ginger. Fry for another 1 minutes before throwing in the chicken breast along with some salt, white pepper and brown sugar.
- Fry until the chicken breast is cooked before adding in the tofu. Mix it all together then push to one side of the wok.
- Then, break in 2 eggs into the wok. Pour over the liquid aminos and let it cook for less than 1 minute before stirring it all in together with the tofu and chicken mixture.
- Add in the soaked beehoon (vermicelli) and mix it all together. Cook for 3-4 minutes, while constantly stirring.
- After that, add in the beansprouts and spring onions. Mix well.
- Once cooked, dish out into a serving plate and serve immediately.
You can serve this fried beehoon with some Chili Oil to add some spice to your meal!
- Prep Time: 5 Minutes
- Cook Time: 10 Minutes
- Category: Noodles
- Method: Easy
- Cuisine: Asian
Keywords: Fried Beehoon