Claypot Chicken Rice is the best! The go-to favorite at any Chinese Hawker stalls.
The flavors go so well together and the crispy bits at the bottom is what gets us drooling. Try this recipe out for yourself! Let’s get cookin, good lookin’.
Click here, for more Chinese Food
2 Whole chicken legs, deboned and chopped up
6 Dried shitake mushrooms, soaked in hot water
1 Spring onion
2 Cloves of garlic
1 cm ginger
1/2 Cup dried shrimp
1 Cup jasmine rice, soaked in water for 30 minutes
2 1/2 Cups water
3 Tablespoons of cooking oil
1 Tablespoon sesame oil
4 Tablespoon of light soy sauce
1 Tablepsoon of oyster sauce
salt and sugar to taste
1) Marinate chicken with chopped up garlic, ginger, soy sauce and oyster sauce and set a side
2) In a pan, add in a bit of oil, and fry shallot and dried shrimp for a couple of minutes, then add in sliced up shitake mushroom and drizzle with sesame oil,set a side
3) In a claypot, add in 2 cups of water and bring to boil, then add in soaked rice and let it cook till half way (8 minutes)
4) Open the claypot and add in marinated chicken pieces, topped with the cooked dried shrimp and mushroom and close and let it cook for a further 10 minutes until chicken is cooked
5) Just before serving, add on a dash of light soy sauce, sesame oil and sprinkle spring onions and serve
Sprinkle some chopped birds eye chili if you want a little spice!
Keywords: Claypot Chicken Rice