Chili Pan Mee
Chili Pan Mee is a Malaysian favourite for Breakfast, lunch or even dinner!
Try out our version and let us know what you think!
Happy cooking and enjoy eating!
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Cook Time: 10 Minutes
- Total Time: 20 Minutes
- Yield: 4
- Category: Quick
- Method: Easy
- Cuisine: Asian
For Chicken Marinate:
400g of Mince Chicken
1 Tablespoon of Soy Sauce
1 Tablespoon of Oyster Sauce
1 Teaspoon of Vinegar
1 Teaspoon of Salt
1 Teaspoon of Pepper
1 Teaspoon of Brown Sugar
3 Cloves of Garlic, Minced
2 Tablespoons of AYA Real Food Karashi Bilis OR Chili Oil
1 Teaspoon of Cornflour
For Pan Mee:
Some Oil for Cooking
1 Packet of Fresh Pan Mee Noodles (for 4 people)
Some Pak Choy
4 Eggs, Poached
Extra AYA Real Food Karashi Bilis OR Chili Oil
Some Fried Anchovies
- Firstly in a bowl, add in the minced chicken along with all the chicken marinate ingredients and mix well. Keep it aside and let it marinate for about an hour. The longer, the better the flavors.
- Then, in a large pan with just a little bit of oil, cook the minced chicken. Cook well, constantly stirring the chicken to break it up into pieces. Add some water if you don’t want it to be too dry.
- Once cooked, remove it from the heat and set aside.
- Then in a large pot, boil some water and cook the noodles for about 2-3 minutes or until cooked.
- Once cooked, separate the noodles into 4 individual bowls equally.
- Once noodles are cooked, poach 4 eggs, one a time. Once poached, set aside.
- Using the same boiling water, add the pak choy in and stir it around until it softens. Remove once cooked.
- To assemble the Chili Pan Mee, first add the poached egg onto the noodles, followed by the pak choy, 1 teaspoon of chili oil, the cooked mince chicken and some fried anchovies. Serve immediately.
- Before eating, make sure to break the egg and mix all the goodness together!
What makes a great pan mee is the chili oil and a perfectly poached egg. The egg adds extra creaminess to the noodles!
Keywords: Chili Pan Mee