Chili Fried Chicken
Here’s a special recipe we have for you using our very own Dish By Ili Ikan Bilis Chili Oil! This succulent fried chicken is best eaten hot and it doesn’t even need any dipping sauce. Our Chili Oil gives it plenty of flavor that will get you coming back for more.
Try this recipe out for yourself and let us know what you think!
- Prep Time: 5 Minutes
- Cook Time: 15 Minutes
- Total Time: 20 Minutes
- Yield: 4
- Category: Quick
- Method: Easy
- Cuisine: Malaysian
For The Marinate:
4 Pieces of Chicken Drumsticks
2 Tablespoons of Dish By Ili Ikan Bilis Chili Oil
2 Tablespoons of Sweet Soy Sauce
1 Teaspoon of Light Soy Sauce
1/2 Teaspoon of Salt
3 Tablespoons of Cornflour
3 Tablespoons of Rice Flour
To Be Cooked:
Oil For Frying
Curry Leaves for Garnish
- Firstly, in a bowl, add in the chicken along with all the marinate. Mix well until everything is well combined.
- Leave it to marinate for a minimum of 30 minutes or overnight to get all the flavors of the marinate in the chicken.
- Then, heat up a pan with the oil. To check if the oil is hot enough, test it with a wooden chopstick. If the oil bubbles when the chopsticks are in, it is hot .
- Once the oil is hot, slowly add in the chicken to fry. Fry each side for about 8 minutes or until the chicken gets to a golden brown colour. Make sure to turn it over every few minutes to avoid it getting burnt.
- Once the chicken is cooked, remove it from the oil and set aside.
- Then, in the same oil, quickly fry up the curry leaves until fragrant. Then remove and sprinkle it onto the chicken.
- Serve immediately.
The longer you leave the chicken to marinate, the better.
Keywords: Chili Fried Chicken