1) In a bowl, put in all the chopped chicken. Marinate the chicken evenly with salt and turmeric powder. Set aside.
2) Blitz together the onions, garlic, fresh red chilies and birds eye chili.
3) Grind the ginger and smash the lemongrass with the back of a knife.
4) Heat oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Brown the chicken in the hot oil until golden on all sides. Remove chicken from the skillet and set aside.
5) Remove the oil from the skillet, leaving about 2 tablespoons. Cook and stir the chili paste with ginger until fragrant.
6) Add in the tomato puree and stir in some water,adding more if needed.
7) Add in the lemongrass and kaffir lime leaves and bring to a boil.
8) add in all the chicken, salt and sugar and let it simmer until the chicken is fully cooked and lastly toss in the tomatoes and cook for another 5 mins. Serve hot.