We love our Ayam Masak Kicap, also known as Chicken in Soy Sauce. You can never go wrong with this dish, everybody loves it! A lot of Malaysian cooking revolves around soy sauce. Weather it’s a meat dish, seafood or even vegetables! Soy Sauce gives out great flavors. Perfect dish to cook up when you’re short on time. Try it out for yourself!
For more Malaysian recipes, click here
1 whole chicken, cut into 16 pieces
Chicken Marinate Sauce
2 Tablespoons of Sweet Soy Sauce
Salt To Taste
1 Teaspoon of Black Pepper
1 Clove of Garlic, chopped
2 Tablespoons of Dark Caramel Soy Sauce
1 Teaspoon of Light Soy Sauce
1 Onion, sliced
1)Chop a whole chicken into 16-18 pieces. Marinate the chicken with sweet soy sauce, salt and pepper. Set aside.
2) In a large skillet, fry the marinated chicken until brown on all sides and set aside.
3) In another skillet, heat some oil and stir in chopped garlic and pour in any excess marinate sauce. Let it simmer for about a minute and add in 2 tablespoons of dark soy sauce.
4) Add in the chicken and some water. Let the chicken cook fully. for about 10 mins.
5) Add some salt and sugar and a dash of light soy sauce
6) lastly add in some sliced onions. Serve Hot.
Serve this along side hot rice, and a fried egg. Yum!
Keywords: Ayam Masak Kicap