A gluten free Apam Balik? Count me in!
Not only is this so yummy, it’s also super healthy! Using all natural sugars only. Try this out for tea time and let us know what you think.
Click here to try our Glazed Doughnuts
- Prep Time: 5 Minutes
- Cook Time: 5 Minutes
- Total Time: 10 Minutes
- Yield: 4-6
- Category: Desserts
- Method: Easy
- Cuisine: Healthy
1.5 Cups of Rice Flour
1/2 Cup of Corn Flour
1 Teaspoon of Baking Powder
1 Teaspoon of Salt
1 Packet of Coconut Milk (about 250ml)
1/4 Cup of Vegetable Oil
10 Dates, Seeds Removed and soaked in 1.5 Cups of Hot Water for 1 Hour
1/2 Cup of Ground Peanuts, Toasted and Crushed
- Toast the ground peanuts over low fire until they’re evenly golden brown. Take out place it into a small blender and blend until smooth.
- Then in another blender, pour in the dates and it’s water and blitz to a fine pulp to create the date syrup.
- In a bowl, add in the rice flour, corn flour, salt, and baking powder.
- In another bowl, add in the coconut milk, eggs, oil and mix until even.
- Then pour in the coconut mixture into the flour mixture and mix well. Add in the date syrup and mix.
- In a hot pan, add in about 1/2 cup of batter. Sprinkle over some of the crushed peanuts. When it starts to bubble on top, fold it over and put aside. Continue until all the batter is used up.
- Serve immediately .
Keywords: Apam Balik